Sweet potato wedges are a huge hit in our house. So today we are excited to share with you one of our family’s favorite recipes: Sweet Potato Wedges with Avocado Garlic Aioli. This delicious treat is perfect for a snack or side and is healthier than just traditionally fried fries. And the taste is out of this world! We hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as we do!
Sweet Potato Wedges with Avocado Garlic Aioli
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20-30 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
2 large sweet potatoes (cleaned well and cut lengthwise into wedges)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons dried thyme
kosher salt to taste
Avocado Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce:
1 large avocado
2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (may substitute sour cream or even a low-fat mayo)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Salt to taste
- Place sweet potato wedges in a large bowl filled with cold water. Soak for at least 1 hour.
- Drain sweet potato wedges and use paper towels to absorb as much moisture as possible. In a large ziplock bag, add cornstarch and then wedges. Leaving air in the bag, seal and shake well so the wedges are evenly coated.
- Move oven racks to the top two levels available, and then preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray. Place the sweet potato wedges on the trays in a single layer with an inch or more apart. Drizzle on the olive oil and evenly sprinkle on the spices.
- Place the trays into the oven and allow wedges to bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and test for doneness with a fork. If wedges are still tender, allow them to bake for an additional 7-10 minutes or until slightly crisp. Once baking has finished, sprinkle on kosher salt.
- To make the Avocado Garlic Aioli, combine plain Greek yogurt, garlic and fresh lemon juice in a small food processor. Pulse for 20 seconds or until mixture is blended smooth. Taste and season with salt if desired.