Welcome, Friend. We are so glad you are here! We are Mike and Carlie Kercheval, husband and wife since June 10, 2000, and proud parents of our three blessings (ages 14, 16, and 22). We created this website in an effort to reclaim the family table as a place of intimacy and connection through spending quality time together in a world where screens and iDevices are replacing real-life relationships.
Who are we to talk about such things?!
That’s a GREAT question! First and foremost we were both called by God to marriage and family ministry in the 90’s. We didn’t call ourselves. Man didn’t call us. GOD DID. That alone gives us the mission and mandate to walk in our purpose and this blog is a small part of that.
We both have also worked hard to earn:
- Master’s Degrees in Counseling from Liberty University
- Certification as Marriage Breakthrough Coaches
- Certification as Ramsey Solutions Master Financial Coaches
- Certification as Marriage Mentors®
…just to name a few. 🙂
Over the past 24 years, we’ve made a commitment to God and one another to eat together and safely share our hearts at the family table. We sit down and eat together every chance we get and have noticed that making this a priority in our lives has created a very unique family dynamic. We all look forward to our time together at the family table and are thankful to have this sacred place free of technology and other distractions to connect hearts, share dreams, lean on one another during hard times, and most of all love and grow in our relationships together!
It is also our conviction that the family table should be expanded to include those in need in our communities and around the world. We strongly believe that a family that serves and loves together is one that stays together. We are so thrilled to share more of our vision with you through this site.
Before we go any further…just a heads up…
- We love Jesus Christ with every ounce of our being, so this website is going to be through the lens of a biblical worldview and encourage others to turn to God’s infallible Word to create a strong family.
- We have combined ALL of our various Christian websites/blogs from the years into this website because it is our longest standing website. That means you will see images with previous branding such as: So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler, Managing Your Blessings, Today’s Frugal Mom, Today’s Frugal Family, Fulfilling Your Vows, Marriage Legacy Builders, and Christian Marriage Adventures. Don’t be confused, it’s us. We just needed to simplify our life and combine ALL THE BLOGS INTO ONE! So please be patient with us as we get the thousands of articles and images into the solid branding of Welcome to the Family Table®.
- Our favorite thing in the world to do is PRAY. So if you ever need prayer, we are just an email away. Seriously, we’d be HONORED to pray for you! You can email us your prayer requests HERE.
Now onto some of the fun stuff! When you’re here with us you can find:
- tips for creating intimate conversations and trust at the family table
- marriage help and encouragement for every season of life
- challenges designed to strengthen and build your family table
- fun recipes for the family to make together
- budgeting tips to save money on groceries + more
- how to start + grow a profitable blog
- hiding more of God’s Word in your heart
- homeschool planning, encouragement + recommendations
- practical advice on training young ones to behave at the table
- tips for organization, cleaning, planning
- and more!
More than anything we just want to welcome you to the family table. We are so thankful you are here and are looking forward to getting to know you!