In our house we have been eating and preparing gluten-free dishes for nearly a decade now. When our youngest child was just 1-year-old we found out he had a very high allergy to wheat and so we set out on a mission to make our diet gluten-free to help his body heal.
Gluten Free Pasta Florentine
- Bring salted water to a boil in a pot, place the bay leaves and pasta.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until al dente.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, pour the milk, cornstarch, butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Stir and cook for 8 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, use a pasta strainer to drain the water, add the broccoli, and pour the sauce over it.
- Combine everything together.
- Divide into bowls and top with some extra Parmesan cheese.
Serve, and enjoy.
For an additional layer of flavor, add some mushrooms into the sauce.
- 16 oz gluten free spaghetti
- 3 Bay leaves
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Cup broccoli florets, steamed
- ¼ Cup milk
- ⅛ Cup cornstarch
- ⅓ Cup butter
- ¼ Cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For an additional layer of flavor, add some mushrooms into the sauce.