Our gluten-free chicken pot pie recipe casserole is the perfect meal for a chilly fall or winter night. This easy-to-make recipe is not only delicious but will fill up and warm everyone’s tummy after a day full of work, school, and activities. It is the perfect end to a busy day when you just want to relax and wind down.
Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Yields: 8-10 servings
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bags frozen mixed vegetables (12 oz each)
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1.5 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups Gluten Free baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a 4 quart saucepan, add a tablespoon of oil or butter and chopped onion, cook until
3. Stir in chicken, frozen vegetables, chicken broth and spices. Turn up heat to allow the mixture to
4. In a small bowl, add milk and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth. Stir into chicken pot pie mixture.
Continue boiling until liquid has thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
5. Remove from heat and pour contents into an ungreased 9 x 13” casserole dish.
6. In a separate bowl, add topping ingredients and mix well. Spoon topping over the chicken
mixture and smooth out to cover the surface. Sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
More to Consider…