This Italian meatballs recipe has quickly become a favorite in our home. This twist on a traditional Italian meatballs recipe is a hit whenever we make them for guests and parties alike. And you know what the very best part about this Italian meatball recipe is? You can easily freeze them and make them another day without compromising the taste or quality! We don’t know about you, but this is a plus in our book!
Italian Meatballs Recipe
Yields: 12 large meatballs
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 18-22 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Using clean hands, mix the ingredients – being careful not to overmix as this could result in tougher meatballs.
- Scoop the meat using a 1/3 cup measure (fill it just slightly full to get 12 meatballs). Lightly roll into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
Simply allow the meatballs to cool, and then place them in freezer containers before freezing.
To use – place frozen meatballs on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.