Mexican cuisine is one of my favorites. My husband and children love Mexican food as well and we never miss a chance to make or grab authentic Mexican food. We also appreciate expanding upon and reinventing food with a Mexican flair. These homemade Mexican breakfast nachos are a real treat for our family. We love making the chips and the smell that comes when the ingredients are all combined together in the frying pan. Pure bliss. Oh, and wait until you taste these bad boys — your palette will be going crazy!
Homemade Mexican Breakfast Nachos
1 Large Onion, chopped
1 Green Pepper, chopped
1 Red Pepper, chopped
1 Cup of Kale, chopped
1 Cup of Mexican Shredded Cheese
2-3 Fried Eggs
2-3 Jalapeños, sliced
2-3 Fingerling Potatoes
3-4 Flour Tortillas
8-10 Cherry Tomatoes
Bacon (as much as you desire)
Kosher Salt, to taste
Cracked Black Pepper
5 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, divided
- Wash and chop all veggies then set aside.
- Slice fingerling potatoes (I prefer to slice potatoes to a 1/4″ – 1/2″ thickness)
- Add Kosher salt and cracked black pepper then bake on a cookie sheet in 350 degree oven until finished, set aside.
- In a hot skillet blister cherry tomatoes using 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, then set aside.
- Wipe out skillet and using 1 Tablespoon of olive oil pan fry kale and set aside.
- Cut flour tortillas into triangles and brown in a lightly oiled skillet using 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil, set aside.
- Add final tablespoon of olive oil in a hot skillet fry 2-3 eggs and set aside, sunny-side up.
- Fry bacon until crispy then crumble, when cool enough to safely handle.
- When all ingredients are prepared layer veggies, potatoes, eggs, bacon and cheese over cut triangles.
- Add sour cream and serve with salsa.
- When all ingredients are prepared layer veggies, potatoes, eggs, bacon and cheese over cut triangles. Add sour cr
eam and serve with salsa.
More to consider…