Homemade Raspberry Streusel Muffins
I (Carlie) am a sucker for fresh, warm homemade muffins. Growing up in Washington state we picked raspberries all the time. To incorporate them in any baked thing is just heaven to me. There is just something so amazing about sinking my teeth into warm, yummy deliciousness – accompanied by a cup of tea or a glass of milk. My family shares my enthusiasm for fresh, warm homemade muffins. Today I am sharing a recipe for a family favorite: raspberry streusel muffins.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup fresh Raspberries
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup softened Butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together ½ cup Flour and ½ cup brown sugar.
- Add in butter and use a fork to mix until crumbles form.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine egg, sugar, sour cream, oil, and vanilla. Mix until blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Top each muffin with raspberries and then cover with streusel topping.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then transfer to cooling rack.