Family dinner conversation starters are a bit hit during meal time in our house. Although we don’t really need any help in the art of conversation it is still fun to have some great chats about things outside of the our normal day-to-day lives. One thing we love about conversation starters are the simple fact that they breed an even deeper connection with one another and tend to cause (lots of) laughter, too.
If you and your family are looking to spice up your next family dinner, these 25 conversation starters are a great start! Be sure to sign up for our email community to grab your free printable version of the 25 family dinner conversation starters below!
25 Family Dinner Conversation Starters
- If you could teleport back in time, what era would you travel to?
- Which Sesame Street character would you want to be and why?
- When you eat dinner together it makes me feel …
- Name three things you each like about each other.
- What is the best thing someone in the family has done for you?
- What is your favorite part of being a kid? (can also work for adults in family to share a favorite childhood memory)
- What is one thing you did today to uplift another person?
- What do you dream to be when you grow up?
- My favorite part of this family is …
- If I could change one thing in the world, it would be …
- My favorite idea for dinner is …
- If you could learn one new skill, what would you learn?
- If you were able to travel to one place in the world, where would you travel to?
- My favorite part of school is … (can also work for adults in family to share a fond memory of their school days)
- I love my brother/sister/dad/mom/daughter/son because …
- My favorite book to read is …
- Who can create a funny knock-knock joke right now?
- What was the silliest moment you remember that happened in your life?
- Who do you think is the best person in the world and why?
- If you could spend a whole day doing something, anything you wished, what would you do?
- What is your favorite worship song and why?
- If you could only keep 3 items from your bedroom, what would you pick?
- What is something you are struggling with that the family can help you through?
- If you had lots of money and supplies, what invention would you create?
- My most cherished moment of us spending time as a family was when we …
We love family dinner conversation starters because they can help you bond as a family unit, learn more about each other and inspire a deeper connection. Family is the most important relationship anyone will have in their life and a building block upon which all other relationships will be built. It’s important to ensure you are connecting every day with the entire family as a means to ensure no family member is left behind.