Are you looking for an honest review of Walmart Grocery Pickup? If so, look no further. We are sharing our family’s honest review of Walmart Grocery pickup: The good, the bad, and the ugly. (maybe a bit dramatic but it sounded good…)
Before we get into the good stuff, let’s go over what exactly how Walmart Grocery Pickup works.
- Head over to the Walmart Grocery site.
- Enter your zipcode to find the closest pick up site.
- Reserve the time/date for your free order pickup.
- Choose what grocery items you would like (from fresh produce to cleaning products and more).
- Let Walmart’s shopping experts fill your order for you + load it into your car on the time/date you designate. (You’ll need to park at their grocery pickup spot which is designated by signs.)
- Get $10 off your order of $50 or more using this link.
It’s really that easy! And the best part is this entire service is FREE. No hidden fees or markups.
Our Family’s Honest Review of Walmart Grocery Pickup
We first tried Walmart Grocery Pickup in the spring of 2017. To be honest we were a bit apprehensive about it because we tend to shop mostly fresh organic produce and meats and special diet foods (ie: gluten free, dairy free) so we were a bit worried that their choices would be limited. We were also concerned about the quality of their produce compared to some of the other whole food/natural stores we frequent. But the truth is we needed to cut down the food budget and were willing to give it a go!
The first order we placed we were pleasantly surprised that they had the foods we were looking for along with several brand choices. In addition we also saved $51 on our order compared to what we’d been paying at the whole food/natural stores. So this was already a good experience for us.
The next test would be the actual pick up experience. We arrived to the store on time and the attendant was outside with another customer. We waited maybe 5 minutes for her to come over to us and check us in. After that she had the groceries out to us in less than 5 minutes. There were a couple of items that were out of stock so she brought up replacements (marked in a bag) asking if we were okay with them. We approved them and she began loading up the van. All-in-all it was a wonderful experience and we concluded we were willing to try it again.
We have now been using Walmart’s Grocery Pickup for 9 months and find it not only cost-effective but time-saving as well. It gives us more time together as a family doing what we love and as we mentioned earlier the service is FREE! Who can beat that?
Tips to Make Your Walmart Grocery Order a Success
- Download the Walmart Grocery App. You can use this to shop and check-in when you are on your way. You can “check-in” when you leave the house and the GPS/location will let the know when you’ve arrived.
- Double check your produce to make sure it is acceptable to you. One time my husband forgot to do this (he was in a hurry) and we got some spoiled black berries. While they did give us a refund, it would have been easier to just check on the spot as they’d have gone back in and brought out a new one.
- Ask your local Walmart Grocery associate the best time/date to do pick up as sometimes it can be a little crazy. We tend to go at the first available time in the middle of the week to avoid longer wait times.
We hope this review was helpful to someone who may be as hesitant as we were to try this service. Be sure to use this link to get $10 off your first order of $50 or more. That’s an even sweeter deal, right?