If you are looking for something different for dinner than the usual chicken nuggets and frozen french fries these delicious Balsamic Stuffed Chicken Breasts may just become your family’s new favorite meal. They are tender and have loads of yummy flavor from the lightly sweet and tart balsamic vinegar and creamy feta cheese. They are simple enough for a mid week dinner with the family but pretty enough to impress your Sunday evening guests as well.
Also, if you are looking for a dish that you can make ahead and freeze? Before baking you can pop these in a freezer safe pan, cover well, and bake when you are ready-they make a great freezer meal as well!
Balsamic Stuffed Chicken Breasts
4 chicken breasts, thin
2 cups fresh spinach
½ cup feta cheese
2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and shred fresh spinach, drain.
- Slice chicken breast almost in half, leaving one edge uncut.
- Divide spinach equally 4 ways, stuff inside each prepared chicken breast.
- Push about 2 Tablespoons of feta into the open pocket of each chicken breast.
- Lay stuffed breasts carefully in a large bowl then drizzle with balsamic vinegar and flip to coat both sides well.
- Place chicken back in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours to marinate.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Remove from fridge and place chicken in a baking pan, cover with aluminum foil tightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear when pierced.
- Serve over rice or noodles for a filling and tasty dish.