Spiced pear bread is a true indicator that our family’s favorite season is on the horizon. This tasty bread is a family favorite for a sweet breakfast treat on fall days. It also carries us nicely through the cool winters and helps warm up our tummies! We love to serve this homemade spiced pear bread right out of the oven with a nice cold glass of milk or with a cup of tea or coffee.
Easy Homemade Spiced Pear Bread
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups pears – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
- In large mixing bowl, combine oil, sugar and eggs – beat well.
- Stir in pears, pecans and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir dry ingredients into the pear mixture; mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool in pans for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
More to Consider…