Happy National Cookie Day!
Today, December 4, 2012, is National Cookie Day (in the US). So as an added bonus in this series, I am going to be giving away FIVE copies of the book: Crazy About Cookies: 300 Scrumptious Recipes for Every Occasion & Craving. Be sure to enter using the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win one of the five.
I found this recipe in “The Star Wars Cookbook” that a friend gave us for my daughters birthday. I thought the name was fun and so it was the first recipe that we tried. From the first batch, our family was hooked and I haven’t made another type of chocolate chip cookie since. We have made them for so many events and been repeatedly told that they are the best chocolate chip cookies ever.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Put the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Set aside.
- Put the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in another mixing bowl. Using the electric mixer set on high speed, beat together until well blended and creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon of the dough and drop on a baking sheet. Be sure to leave about 1 inch between the cookies because they spread as they bake.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Place cookies on cooling racks and let cool completely.
- Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.
My personal baking tips for this recipe:
- I use 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- I use salted butter.
- I bake on parchment paper.
- I use a counter top convection oven – so I drop the temp to 350 and bake for 7 minutes.
This post is a part of the series A Cookie A Day Until Christmas.
Win Crazy About Cookies
Enter to win a copy of Crazy About Cookies: 300 Scrumptious Recipes for Every Occasion & Craving by using the Rafflecopter widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Legal Disclosure:No purchase necessary to win. Void where prohibited. Valid only in the United States. Must be at least 18 years of age to enter. Winners will be selected by Rafflecopter and will be notified within 48 hours of the contest’s close. Selected winner’s will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen. Prizes provided by the Carlie Kercheval. Facebook is not affiliated with this giveaway and the act of liking a Facebook page is not required to win.
Louanne lives in Texas with her awesome husband and two daughters. She loves Jesus, cookies, reading, crafting, laughing a lot and baking. She homeschools her girls and also runs a mentorship program for at risk children in a local elementary school. Louanne also enjoys documenting her family’s adventures through photos and blogging, finding coupon deals and making gifts for family and friends. Louanne blogs over at www.dwimble.com and you can find her on Facebook and Twitter.